Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Best Friend

I never had a best friend. Now I know why. Jesus has always longed to fill that role. You will never have a more powerful relationship than the one that waits for you in God - your maker. No friend could ever lift you up or encourage you the way He can, no one can bring you joy like He does, and the perfect love we are all searching for is found ONLY with Him. But this God Friend is such a good best friend that He does not desire to be your only friend. He will send other friends around you to encourage you, bring you joy, and love you. Because these gifts are from Him, He can lavish them on you however and through whomever He choses!

Today I am utterly humbled and grateful for a few of those God-given friends who have blessed my heart in ways only my best friend Jesus would know I needed. So I thank you, and I praise Him.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words, Carly. Thank you, you always challenge me in my faith. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kar <3 YOU do the same for me! Love.

    ReplyDelete