Friday, August 17, 2012

Rosemary Chicken & White Beans


Slowcooker meal #2 was DELICIOUS! (I thought I would be doing 5 meals for the week, but it turns out that most of these slowcooker meals are lasting us for 2 dinners for the 3 of us, and 1-2 lunches for the toddler and me! Bonus.)

Ingredients:


6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp oil
2 cans (30 oz total) navy beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup carrots, sliced
1/2 cup celery, sliced
2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper (reduce slightly if you're not a fan of a strong pepper taste!)

Directions:

On medium heat, brown chicken breasts on both sides in oil (I used coconut, olive would be fine too).


 While the chicken is browning, rinse and drain beans and pour into slowcooker.


Chop up carrots and celery (I used 4 medium carrots and 3 celery stalks) and add to pot.
 Mix to combine.


Lay browned chicken (should be done by now, do not fully cook) over top of mixed beans and veggies.


In a small dish, combine salad dressing, rosemary, salt & pepper. Stir.


Pour dressing mixture over chicken. In the photo you'll see that I did not cover all the chicken with the dressing. I wouldn't do that again! The uncovered areas of the chicken were actually a little dry - not common for a slowcooker. Try to cover as much of the chicken as you can, and I think it will turn out better.


Slowcook on the low setting for 3-4 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.


Serve, and enjoy!


I had never had navy beans before, but now I am a total fan! They absorb flavour incredibly well, have a beautiful texture, and all of these great health benefits.

Hope you are enjoying these Summer meal ideas! Thanks for visiting :)

Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment